Download Reset MP9
Current Version for customers with High-Tech
HEX Series Interfaces
ResetMP9 is intended to reset the Long-Term Memory of the MP9 ECU, which is required when the MP9 ECU has either trouble codes 530 or 533, which cannot be cleared through the normal procedures.
ResetMP9 is Copyright © 2000-2013 by HEX Diagnostics. All rights are reserved. Decompilation, disassembly, reverse-engineering, alteration, use as a reference tool for the purpose of developing a product with similar functionality, and re-distribution in any form without the prior written consent of HEX is prohibited.
All rights reserved, No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Hex Diagnostics, CC. The information contained herein is designed only for use in conjunction with VAG-COM. Hex Diagnostics CC and its associated companies are not responsible for any use of this information as applied to this or other diagnostic equipment.
Neither Hex Diagnostics CC, and its associated companies nor its affiliates shall be liable to the user of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by user or third parties as a result of: accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product, or failure to comply with Hex Diagnostics’ written instructions.
By using ResetMP9, you acknowledge that this Program is provided "as is" and "with all faults, defects and errors" and that all use of the Program is at your own full risk. It has been extensively tested, but we cannot guarantee it will work correctly with every system in every car. We will make our best effort to fix any bugs and to enhance the program, but we specifically disclaim any liability for damage to your computer or your car or your person, and we do not promise to have any particular enhancements available on any specific date.
Download the ResetMP9 Setup (exe) file.
Once downloaded, double-click on the Setup file and follow the prompts.
It must be installed on your PC's hard disk!
It will not work properly if you try running it directly from a floppy or CD.
However, you can use a floppy, CD or flash disk to move the Setup file file from a PC with internet access to another PC that does not have internet access.
Connect your HEX interface between the computer and the car.
Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
Start the ResetMP9 program (There will be a "ResetMP9" icon on your Desktop as well as a ResetMP9 listing under Start/Programs/ResetMP9).
Follow the Application instructions below. These instructions are also available in the application's "About" section.
Please check back frequently for updates!
Make sure you can communicate to the MP9 controller with VCDS. Then close VCDS (completely) and run the ResetMP9 utility.
- Switch on the ignition and Start the ResetMP9 utility, and select the proper interface port for your HEX adapter.
- Click the Start button.
- The program will initialise the engine controller and display the ECU ID and other information. Ensure that the controller is an MP9 ECU. There are numerous cars that appear similar but have different Engine Control Units fitted, therefore assuming that there is an MP9 ECU installed in a vehicle based on the model could be inaccurate.
- The Erase Long Term Memory button should become available as soon as communication is established with the ECU.
- Click the Erase Long Term Memory button.
- After a few seconds the program will announce the end of the procedure. At this point, leave the ignition switched on and the ResetMP9 program still running.
- Unplug the ECU while leaving the ignition switched ON!. Ensure that the plug will not make accidental contact with the ECU after it is unplugged.
- Switch OFF the ignition, and wait for one minute.
- Reconnect the ECU, ensuring that the plug seats firmly.
- Close the ResetMP9 utility, and start VAG-COM.
- Switch ON the ignition, and attempt communication with the Engine ECU using VAG-COM.
- Check for any fault codes, and clear any that exist!.
- Perform a Throttle Body Adaptation, using Basic Settings channel 098. If any errors occur, check the accelerator cable for sufficient free play, and the Throttle Body and ECU for correct operation.
- Switch the car off for at least 15 seconds after performing TBA.
- Start the car. The idling should be normal if everything was performed correctly and all components are fully functional.
This software must be used with a HEX-USB+CAN series Interface.
It does not work with any third-party interfaces or any of the older "dumb" interfaces.
NB: Uninstall the old version of Reset MP9 before attempting to Install the new version, also ensure that the date and time of your computer is correct before attempting to install the new version.
Once installed, Do Not Change The Date!
To Uninstall Reset MP9:
Simply go to, Start\Programs\Reset MP9, and click on “Uninstall”, then click through all the prompts.
Go to, C:\Program Files\ResetMP9, and double click on “Uninstall.exe”, then click through all the prompts.